What's in the Chai?
- Our chai is a blend of Assam black tea, cardamom, black pepper, ginger, cinnamon, Ashwagandha, Monkfruit sweetener, and cane sugar. It's a traditional recipe with a healthy twist!
Where is your tea sourced?
- We're proud to source our Assam Tea from Mana Organics – based in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- The tea comes from the Chota Tingrai estate, an organic, sustainable, and biodynamic farm in Assam. Learn more here!
- The tea company, led by fourth-generation tea grower, Avantika Jalan, was started because Jalan wanted her family’s tea gardens to be models of sustainability for the industry. “We are not just high-quality, ethical, organic teas,” explains Jalan. “We are high-quality, ethical, sustainable teas, as well.”
What is Ashwagandha?
- Ashwagandha, also known as Indian ginseng, is a plant native to India that has been used in Ayurvedic herbal medicine for over 3,000 years.
- Ashwagandha root powder, which we use in the chai, has been used to help your body manage stress and reduce inflammation. It has a smooth, earthy taste to it that complements the spice and sweetness of the rest of the chai.
What is Monkfruit Sweetener?
- Monkfruit, also known as luo han guo or “Buddha fruit,” is a small, round fruit grown in Southeast Asia. After removing the seeds and skin and crushing the fruit, a lovely natural sweetness emerges from the juices. This juice is dried and becomes the zero-calorie sweetener you taste in your chai.
- Our chai has a blend of monkfruit sweetener and cane sugar because we love the body that cane sugar provides, but we love the low calorie sweetness that monkfruit complements it with.